Tonight is eighties night on "American Idol" and I am a huge eighties fan. To top it off, Boy George from Culture Club is the mentor so I am in heaven right now. But let me tell you how I am feeling about the singers! I apologize in advance for being brutally honest!
- DANIEL SEAVEY: "You Make My Dreams" by Hall and Oates. He sounds like Peter Brady on the episode of "The Brady Bunch" where his voice started to change and they had to sing. He is too young and just not ready for this. I think by 20 he will be okay but at 15, he does not know what the eighties were about and how lucky he is to be even singing a Hall and Oates song LIVE on TV! Why is he still here?
- QUENTIN ALEXANDER: "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins. He is amazing, he is Jimi Hendrix meets Lenny Kravitz and I pray he is in the top two!!
- JOEY COOK: "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper. This is perfect for her because they are both quirky but something about her is just too circus-esque. She is trying too hard. She may be as hardcore of a Boy George fan as I am and he came to the stage to console her when she did not get the best reviews so she should carry that with her. And I am super jealous. Brat.
- TYANNA JONES: "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston. Who does that? This is an iconic song and an iconic singer. Please do not ruin her legacy. A little bit like a karaoke talent show but I am impressed with her range so I think she will be around for a while.
- JAX: She is by far my favorite so I am stoked to see what she will be singing. "You Give Love A Bad Name" by Bon Jovi and I hope she kills it! She does just that; she slaughtered it!!!! No one can criticize her. I go deaf when they try! Nope, do not care what the judges had to say because they are wrong wrong wrong.
- NICK FRANDIANI: "Man In the Mirror" by Michael Jackson. I feel like this was done the season that Adam Lambert was on and it is a hard song to take on. Why do they do this? Okay, next to Jax and Quentin, he is in my top three. Loved it! Loved it!
- CLARK BECKHAM: "Every Breath You Take" by The Police. I think that this was the most popular song the week I was born in 1983 but I could be wrong. He is really good but some moments are a tad shrill. Love the piano playing though and he is super sexy. Rawrrr.
- QUAASIM MIDDLETON: He earned the one save of the season and thank you God! "Addicted to Love" by Robert Palmer. As long as he does not throw the microphone again, he should be okay but he deserves to be there and I am so happy that they used their save on him. He seems to start out too weak but I think he's captivated the audience and Jennifer.
- RAYVON OWEN: "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears For Fears. He was the last one to stay so he better prove that he deserves to be there. He really does not. Sorry.
This is what we have learned: Maddie and Adanna were sent home but it should have been Daniel and someone else, maybe Rayvon. It seems that because he was put through, he is not even trying. So that is my take on Idol for tonight! Good night!
Post a Comment